ARN - Stagnation?

Chandranath russ at randomgang.com
Tue Sep 19 21:08:51 PDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 09:00:51PM -0700, Delphina Champeaux wrote:
> We had a slow night tonight with only 14 fighters on
> the rapier field but we had three new fighters in that
> number.  There are also armored, youth rapier, bardic
> & other A&S, boffer (when they can make it) and a
> monthly melee practice.
>
> I think that the way this happened was an "if you
> build it, they will come" attitude.  It took over two
> or three years to see this number grow but it is a
> very good practice that has people driving from
> Raven's Fort and Bordermarch just about every week.

To an extent, this has worked for us.  However, Lord Walter and I spent pretty
much a year being the only people consistently at practice -- not a great
turnout for an oversized Shire like Mooneschadowe.  Possibly because I am a
bigger pest than my predecessors and nag people into coming, we've had
turnouts as high as 10, averaging around 6 during the summer.  This is better,
but it's all we can do to get it that high (not counting our Wastelandian
brethren, who are a welcome addition when here).

But unless I am mistaken, there are a frightening number of groups without a
rapier marshal at all, much less practices, and I am concerned beyond the
bounds of my Shire.  I get to fight the Mooneschadin already. :)

Chandra

--
Lord Chandranath, Cadet to Don Timothy
Musician in the King's Players