ARN - GW melee info pages are up

gtaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Tue Jan 30 14:39:13 PST 2001

Buckler Making Party in Bjornsborg

(we're talking 24" diameter, War-legal, mondo-bucklers).

Come to My house and Make a Buckler!

Even if you don't want to use a big buckler at Gulf War (or even if you aren't attending Gulf War), come make one for future fun...or to loan to someone for War.
Any who might be working on favors or other things for Gulf War, or want to help out with the bucklers...come hang out and work on things!
Anybody who needs practice so that you can authorize for the Ansteorran melees at Gulfwar, come on over...we'll set you up with someone to get you some experience.   Hello, Heavy Fighters who are not yet
rapier authorized...this means YOU!  (Lucius...this is the opportunity that you've been waiting for....   ;)  )

Where?  My house.  Friday night, Feb 2, from 6:00 on.  For those of you attending Candlemas:  Gate doesn't open until 10:00 on Saturday...and the tournaments start at Noon...we'll have lots of time to sleep
late and drive to Austin.

I have a little jigsaw.  I'll have plywood that we can cut and will have a supply of handles (donations very appreciated for handles).  We can cut bucklers out and paint them (I have paint, too)....or sew
covers for them.   If you have tools or other supplies bring them; they've probably better than mine.

Bring something to share for dinner (gawd...I'm going to have to clean the house and put the stove breaker back in again...arghhh).

If you're from another group and want to attend the buckler party, crash space is available.

RSVP preferred but not required; I don't want to run out of plywood or handles.

Isobel