[Ansteorra-rapier] Rapier Melee practice

Jehangir Madan j_madan at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 06:08:28 PDT 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Actually, in my limited experience so far, it hasnt been wars OR tournaments
that I felt made our kingdom or any other great. For me it has always been the
people that make up our numbers. It goes back to that ancient question of
"why do we play this game?" For me it has (so far) been the people. As for
wars vs. tournaments, I have always had a LOT more fun participating in melee
engagements rather than one-on-one fights. In a big melee fight, you get to
see a lot more about people than you would otherwise. Theres just something
about standing your ground side by side with a friend or two while being
onslaughted by a row of case wielding White Scarves that one just doesn't
receive in your standard tournament! And I personally have always heard more
songs about wars than tournaments. Hehe, maybe I need to expand my bardic...

-Alessandro-