[Ansteorra-rapier] A note of tolerance

Jocelyn F Hinkle scribe_ari at lycos.com
Wed Sep 12 16:28:32 PDT 2001

By now I am sure you all have seen what happened yesterday in America. The brutal images are difficult to escape, as are the feelings of greif and total outrage at the pain inflicted upon us.

But I beg you all.

DO NOT vent your anger and frustration on any other American. No matter their country of origin, or religion. Our country is a land of immigrants, whose parents chose to live hear because this land offered a future far brighter than anywhere else on this planet. I still believe in this dream, and I am horrified at reports of Americans attacking other Americans because of their parent race or creed. We must never forget who we are, and that we are all one people in this tregedy.

Please curb your tempers, and concentrate on the work at hand. We should not, and MUST not abuse our countrymen of Eastern and Near Eastern decent. Many of them may have lost friends and family yesterday, and are grieving as much as the rest of us. Those that do choose to attack their own countrymen, become no better than yesterday's villians.

I am sorry to take up so much of everyone's bandwidth.
This Organization we love, the SCA, is a celebration of all those cultures we admire for the gifts they have given our history and current time. Never forget that behind every culture we admire are people, and it is those people that we celebrate when we play this game.

Ari

---
Perhaps this final act was meant
to cinch a lifetimes arguement