[Ansteorra-rapier] looking for input for this years GW

Walter Robin wr at plumes.org
Mon Sep 17 10:26:03 PDT 2001

I concur with Chandra's sentiments.  I like the situations that allow for
small team tactics, while letting everyone play.  Scenario-oriented town
battles for the war point would get my vote.

  The castle battle was fun the first few times, but it quickly became clear
that the defender's were always going to win.  It has to be changed to be
interesting or fair.  If we had ramps or ladders, THAT would be fun; or if
the attackers had a 2:1 or better advantage, then I'd get a fun
(classical/epic) sense of a 'desperate seige' with too few defenders.

The field battle was good for the sense of 'gung ho'-ness.  Lots of raw
nerve, but less opportunity for tactics.  I know we were constrained by the
soggy field last year, but what about a VERY large field?  Put the armies on
the end, with the castle/wall in the middle.  Then we could experience
scouting, economy of force, manuever, surprise....

Also, I have heard opinions of those who'd rather give up the Champions'
battle before the other points.

Can't comment on the Ravine; wasn't there.

Good speed & good cheer,
Ld Walter Robin
cdt Navarre