[Ansteorra-rapier] Linen Specs

RJ Allen chrystalamacruari at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 05:26:29 PST 2002

 I have also heard in order to use linen as 3 layers rapier armor, make sure the linen is at least 5.5 oz. each layer (general rule of thumb). Of course, please test with punch test, just a simple memory connection, other than going by "Judy Linen".
Chrystal
  Delphina Champeaux <lady_rapier at yahoo.com> wrote:
Judy's linen was given it's name by a lady who either
owns or workes at Silk Road in Austin. From what I
understand she will tell you that it's a meduim weight
linen.

I have just ordered a 5.9 oz that looks to be tightly
woven to try.

The oz is only what it weight the weave is also
important in the strength test.

If the supplier that you are looking at sells samples
I would get a couple of different weights and try them
or buy a yard of two or three of the 5. somethings and
punch test them before buying all of the yards. I
know that I will use the material for something else
if it doesn't pass a punch test.

I hope that this was helpful. Please feel free to
contact me if I can be of anymore help. (or if I was
unclear ... I haven't had my first cup of coffie
yet... smile)

Delphina