[Ansteorra-rapier] Cadets Corner

Brendan McEwan brendan_mcewan at dhope.net
Wed Jan 23 15:03:44 PST 2002

4) On the need for new blood. I have heard of people interested in rapier
that said that unless you weren't interested in being a cadet or white
scarf,
nobody would train you. Has anybody else heard this? I'll be the first
to admit that this may be one person's perception, but if other's feel this
way, then there is a problem. It's possible for someone to start
dabbling and once they get the hook in their mouth they're stuck.

I know that I train anyone from fairly new(they know which end to hold) up to and including white scarves(are you ever really through learning?  I know I'm not.).  I do tend to pass off the basics to those that are better at it.  If they want help, send them my way.  I always do pickups at events were there is fighting.  I will work with anybody that asks.

Brendan