[Ansteorra-rapier] Question for our fearless leaders

DonPieter@aol.com DonPieter at aol.com
Thu Jan 24 09:58:51 PST 2002

In a message dated 1/24/02 11:52:32 AM Central Standard Time,
tbretz at montroseclinic.org writes:

> For what it's worth, it's a comparison I'm not that thrilled with. I mainly
> bring it up to remind folks that, while there was certainly a spirit of
> esprit de corps amongst the cadets back then, there was a _lot_ of
> posturing, maneuvering, and back-biting as well.  Personally, I don't think
> you can have one without the other given our structure, but I think folks
> tend to have a bit of the rose-tinted glasses in remembering their cadet
> days sometimes.
>
> Etienne

man what a kill joy :o)
As I remember hearing it it was not because they "eat their young" but
because they are a breed that will turn on the weekest one of their group
faster then another animal :o) It was true in the past of the corps. Perhaps
not now but I do remember it fondly sometimes and also remember it making me
want to do better so that i was not eaten. Rose colored glasses? Not on my
eyes. I see it all good and bad. And for those who knew/knew me then the
latter was more offten.

Pieter