[Ansteorra-rapier] BOD ruling

James Crouchet jtc at swordworks.org
Wed Aug 6 08:49:09 PDT 2003

On Monday 04 August 2003 03:01 pm, IagoAH at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/4/03 10:50:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
>
> toshirokoi at hotmail.com writes:
> > What about unintentional?  You or your opponent rush the other.  The
> > other doesn't back up but stands his/her ground.  You try to place
> > your hand on the bell of the other fighter but miss and place it on
> > the arm or hand and they succeed on putting their hand on your bell.
> > What do you do then?  Let go and know you're about to die?  Jump back
> > and try to run or parry hoping you're faster than his/her point?  Call
> > a hold?  Or do we stop fighting in close?
> >
> > Toshiro
>
> If you put it there accidently it's an accident. If you leave it there
> you are then in violation, so you better try to get out of it as best
> you can. Iago

Yeah, remember that if your opponent does succeed in his attack you are not
going to die , you are just going to lose a bout. Winning is nice but it
does not hold a very high priority in the eyes of the marshalate.

Be aware that there is work going on to see if this new rule can be
altered. I think most of us are united in the opinion that it should be
changed.

I think it is also worth mentioning Iago is in the unfortunate position of
being responsible for enforcing the rules whether or not he agrees with
them. He is not one of the bad guys here.

Doré