[Ansteorra-rapier] Concerns of the Marshallate

RJ Allen chrystalamacruari at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 12:25:23 PDT 2003

Excellent wording!!! Now lets all move towards the common goal of this endeavor.
Chrystal Ariana MacRuari
IagoAH at aol.com wrote:
As Dore pointed out the marshallate isn't interested in who wins (unless he's doing it in violation of our rules).  As he also pointed out earlier, the marshallate isn't here to dictate to us how we play the game.

The marshallate is in place to 1) maintain the safety of our game, 2) maintain the playability of our game and 3) within reason, keep it honest, though the bulk of that responsibility falls to the fighter.

The marshallate is not interested in what is or isn't period technique, otherwise we'd allow hip tosses, bell punches, groin kicking, and similar period tactics.  As was pointed out on one or more other lists, safe will override period any day.

This rule change, however, is not about safety or playability, it's about personal preference.  Therefore, we will enforce it, but we'll also try to get it overturned. Many of those who are trying to get it overturned are not effected by it, just offended by it.

The minds we have to change it the society earl marshal and then the BOD.

~peace~love~empathy~