[Ansteorra-rapier] Bryn Gwlad 25th Anniversary Rapier

Jon _martigan_ at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 17:25:07 PDT 2004

Greetings good gentles of Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra, and
those privileged to attend the 25th Anniversary of
Bryn Gwlad, by the grace of His Excellency, Baron
Thomas of Tenby.

It is my honor to announce to all the proceedings of
that weekend's events, as we attempt to amuse and
entertain His Excellency and the members of Royalty
for one short weekend.

And as such, Baron Thomas asks all competitors in the Championship
tournaments to submit a Letter of Intent to compete to him by the Battle
of Hastings (October 14, 2004) so that he might better understand your
ambition.  In addition, he asks that all competitors bring and display
their finest cloaks.

Three event tournament-

First, a single fight, single elimination tourney.
The first round will be a tourney of pageantry where you will be asked
to fight with your cloak.

Second, a town battle.  The top 4 fighters from the
first event will take turns picking their teams, after
which we will have a round robin style, where each
team will have 1 battle against each other team, and
then a final melee, where all 4 teams take the field
at once.

Finally, a ship battle.  The top 2 captains from the
second event will absorb the other 2 teams, and we
will have 4 rounds on the ship.  The first two will be
the typical, land to ship melees.  The second two sets
will include ranged weapons.

In addition to these champion tourneys, we will on
Sunday have a demonstration of the Sidesword by Don
Aeron Harper, and afterwards a heavy rapier tourney, using
the "Armor As Worn" convention.  Armour protections will
be explained on Sunday, during the inspection.

For additional details, please visit our website at
http://bg25.swordworks.org.

I look forward to meeting you all on that day, and
wish you safe travels.

Lord Calvin Tittle
Actor, Prizefighter

You are what you do when it counts - The Masao