[Ansteorra-rapier] A heads-up for next Gulf War

Chris Zakes moondrgn at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 27 12:23:22 PST 2005

Fair Greetings,

As you've probably already heard, next year's Gulf War will pit Ansteorra
and Trimaris against Meridies and the new kingdom of Glen Ahbinn. While
Ansteorra and Trimaris allow both light rapiers (foils and epees) and
heavier blades (schlagers, Del Tins, etc.) Meridies and Glen Ahbinn are
both heavy-blade only kingdoms.

We probably need to start planning *now* for next year's rapier tourneys,
melees and war points, because the "default to epee" standard that's been
used in the past isn't going to work next year. Those of you who aren't
authorized with the heavier blades will need to consider getting
authorized, if you want to fight in all the melees and war points. Whoever
next year's rapier commanders are, we'll need more practice in heavy-blade
melees.

	-Tivar Moondragon