[Ansteorra-rapier] Blade dealers?

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 04:59:01 PST 2007

At 09:15 PM 11/14/2007, you wrote:

>I'm looking to get active again, and, for once, have disposable income.
>
>So, rapiers:
>
>Opinions, recommended dealers, delivery times?

I'll second the recommendation of Darkwood Armory
http://darkwoodarmory.com/ for top-line stuff.

If you're looking for modern stuff (foils, epees, masks, etc.) I've
always been satisfied with Zen
Warrior  http://www.zenwarriorarmory.com/ (Zen is the
historical/re-creationist side of Triplette.)

I *don't* recommend anything by Alchem--they have a history of
playing fast-and-loose with the SCA's rules. I also recommend caution
on Hanwei blades. They're made in China, so the prices are lower, but
their quality control is also lower.

         -Tivar Moondragon