[Ansteorra-rapier] gauntlets and rapier

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Wed Oct 10 23:06:18 PDT 2007

Yes, there is an important piece of information you missed.

The mail glove rules is a kingdom rule. The rule about damage to the
hand is an SCA rule. The kingdom rule cannot override the SCA rule.
Ergo, the grasping hand IS damaged if the blade moves or twists as I
said earlier.

So long as we are just discussing ideas and opinions I see no need to
limit the discussion. However, if you are asking for an interpretation
of the rules, I am the officer in charge of making such a ruling for
rapier in Ansteorra.

You may feel this is stupid and you may even disagree with my
interpretation. I am willing to discuss this further but you have not
yet presented anything I did not know and have not considered. If you
feel strongly about this ruling you could appeal this decision to the
Earl Marshal or the Crown but unless and until they issue a decision,
please follow this ruling on the field.

Christian Doré, Kingdom Rapier Marshal, Ansteorra