[Ansteorra-rapier] Opinions on mail gauntlet?

rurikthered at swordworks.org rurikthered at swordworks.org
Fri Oct 12 05:44:46 PDT 2007

I agree with Don Robin. Before removing anything from the rules, asking
for a clarification should be done. I suspect that when the rule was
written, the intent was with a regular leather only "gauntlet" or gloved
hand and in that case it make perfect sense. They may not have considered
a mailed hand with chain across the palm.

Wrestling a blade is wrestling a blade, no matter if it is actually
grabbed by the hand or entrapped in the equipment (tips stuck in guard)
and thus causing the wrestling for control. I believe these are two
totally separate issues.

Rurik