[Ansteorra-rapier] Opinions on mail gauntlet?

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Fri Oct 12 05:33:10 PDT 2007

Dore asked:

> Given our recent discussions concerning mail gauntlets, who
> would rather this item was just removed from our rules?

I would not remove any item without a compelling safety issue.

I would much rather ask the Society rapier marshall whether the Society
rule on cutting the hand applies when the cut would have to go through a
defensive secondary to get to the hand.  The other rules on cuts don't
apply when the cut falls on a buckler, baton or quillon.  Cuts don't work
through bucklers under any circumstances, and a chainmail glove is equally
a defensive secondary..

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin