[Ansteorra-rapier] Opinions on mail gauntlet?

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Fri Oct 12 13:39:29 PDT 2007

Yes, that is exactly right. Removing that rule would mean we handle it
like any other armor as worn. It would not ban their use but it would
remove some language that just seems confusing to most people

Note that the grasping hand would still be disabled if the grasped blade
twisted or slid in the hand. Sensible or not that is the rule and I I
don't believe the armored as worn rule overrides it.

The one additional step necessary under the armor as worn rule is to get
the ok of the tournament organizers. Other than that it would work the same.

Alternately I could put in clarifying language explaining that the
grasping hand is still vulnerable.

Doré