[Ansteorra-rapier] Cloak play question

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Fri Oct 12 14:00:58 PDT 2007

I don't recall that discussion, but off the top of my head I would say:

    * With a cloak you can whack someone's bade out of the way.
    * You cannot whack or pop the other fighter with your cloak.
    * Incidental/Accidental contact with the fighter is no a problem (so
      long as no incident results)

    * You can pass your cloak in front of a fighter's face to briefly
      block their vision.
    * You cannot cover a fighter's eyes so as to blind them.
    * You may toss your cloak to the side, behind the other fighter or
      between you and him.

    * You can toss your cloak onto the other fighter's weapon.
    * Incidental/Accidental contact with his arm is no a problem (so
      long as no incident results)
    * You cannot use your cloak as a projectile to hit the other
      fighter. (I agree this is a dumb restriction -- I like this tactic
      and have used it safely many times in the past.)
    * If your cloak becomes tangled about the other fighter or his
      weapon, hold should be called.

I will dig into this further when I have some time but for now, follow
this and you should not have any problems.

Doré