[Ansteorra-rapier] The great cloak toss

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Fri Oct 26 13:02:03 PDT 2007

I just heard back from the DSMR (i.e. Society Rapier Marshal). Based on
what he had to say, here is my guidance on cloaks:

You can throw your cloak at a person or his weapon, or elsewhere on the
field.
For obvious reasons, striking someone with a substantial metal or
otherwise rigid clasp is a bad idea.
You cannot throw or place your cloak to cover someone's head and thus
blind them. You can use it to obscure their vision for an instant.
You can bat at someone with your cloak but you cannot pop or whip them
with it, or entangle them as with a whip.
If someone becomes entangled so they are in danger of tripping, or if
they cannot quickly free themselves or their weapon(s) from the cloak,
HOLD will be called. Anyone intentionally or repeatedly creating such a
situation will be given a fair trial and hung.
Be aware of the tangling potential of long ties on a cloak when it is
thrown.

I think we can all be more comfortable with this.

Christian Doré, Kingdom Rapier Marshal