[Ansteorra-rapier] Ansteorra-rapier Digest, Vol 17, Issue 22

Kevin Wilson kevwilson at swbell.net
Fri Oct 26 19:37:36 PDT 2007

Dore,

Thanks for the clarification.

Corvin di Fenarro
Stargate Rapier Marshal

I just heard back from the DSMR (i.e. Society Rapier Marshal). Based on what
he had to say, here is my guidance on cloaks:

You can throw your cloak at a person or his weapon, or elsewhere on the
field.
For obvious reasons, striking someone with a substantial metal or otherwise
rigid clasp is a bad idea.
You cannot throw or place your cloak to cover someone's head and thus blind
them. You can use it to obscure their vision for an instant.
You can bat at someone with your cloak but you cannot pop or whip them with
it, or entangle them as with a whip.
If someone becomes entangled so they are in danger of tripping, or if they
cannot quickly free themselves or their weapon(s) from the cloak, HOLD will
be called. Anyone intentionally or repeatedly creating such a situation will
be given a fair trial and hung.
Be aware of the tangling potential of long ties on a cloak when it is
thrown.

I think we can all be more comfortable with this.

Christian Dor?, Kingdom Rapier Marshal

End of Ansteorra-rapier Digest, Vol 17, Issue 22