[Ansteorra-rapier] Loaner heavy rapier equipment

Ceallach mac Donal ceallach at dwarfworks.com
Wed Jan 9 17:31:29 PST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 7:03 PM, Kevin Wilson <kevwilson at swbell.net> wrote:
> So, for the local marshals, I have the following questions:
> Do you have any heavy rapier fighting gear (sword and/or gorget) in your
> local groups' equipment?

We currently have one Triplette rapier, one Long Hanwei and one short
Hanwei.  We also have three gorgets which are shared with our youth
fighters (and a fourth one that needs some work to bring it into line
with the rigid standards).

> If not, are you willing to talk with your group's seneschal and treasurer
> about the possibility of buying the equipment?

*grin* been there, done that

> Would you be interested in joining a bulk order with Darkwood to get
> equipment for your group?

I wouldn't mind picking up a replacement guard for the generic Hanwei
guard on one of the loaner blades and I would definitely be interested
in a affordable source of loaner/starter gorgets.

Of course Master Peter (Max the armorer) of Bryn Gwlad (late of
Bjornsborg)   was quite willing to make me guards for the same price
as Darkwood's economy guards for the loaner gear, as well as a loaner
ring dagger for a reasonable price (with a SafeFlex blade so as to be
Adult and Youth appropriate)

> Ld. Corvin di Fenarro
> Stargate Rapier Marshal
> Kingdom A&S Historical Martial Arts Research Deputy

Ld. Ceallach mac Donal
Bryn Gwlad Rapier Marshal