[Ansteorra-rapier] Spears for heavy Rapier

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Tue Apr 21 00:12:11 PDT 2009

I was not suggesting the SCA would find the combination of C&T and
pike acceptable, I was saying it was a decent historical model -- and
I would add that it is only so for a very limited set of circumstances
in assuming no cavalry or shot were available. It could have happened
and probably did somewhere (a mountain pass in the rain maybe?). I
guess we could throw in bows since that could have been accurate in a
limited set of circumstances up until around 1540 since the Brits held
on to their archers long after everyone else had gone to shot.

No, I don't think the SCA would accept C&T melee, at least not in the
near future. However, I expect even that would come to pass before the
SCA would approve the use of a weapon that can only be used with a
particular technique. Mandating technique is just not the SCA way.

Christian Doré