[Ansteorra-rapier] Spears for heavy Rapier

Cody Hoffman glowpoi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 13:23:22 PDT 2009

"But if you want pikes and rapiers together, exactly what period
fighting are you trying to simulate?"

Tivar wrote:

<shrug> As I said before, if you're *that* enthusiastic about fighting
with a spar or pike, go over to the armored field where they *do* have
all the bugs worked out.

Maybe there just trying to make a rapier melee fun???? It seems that
sometimes on the rapier field and in the whole of SCA, people forget
to just have fun. I understand its a sport and there are winners and
loosers but in the end we are putting on a costume (however period it
is its a costume) and we are fighting our "fellow nerds/friends" with
swords. And to on lookers and even family members we  look a little
crazy. So why do we do it? for me  its to have fun. From personal exp.
having been in heavy and a rapier melees if i where to compare the two
it would prob offend some people on this list. But i will say that if
people are trying to find a way to have a little more fun why bash
them b4 they or even you have tried it.
Ramirez