[Ansteorra-rapier] Coif Question

Tim Matthews albin_oil_de_larrun at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 26 21:30:59 PDT 2009

I am returning to the world of rapier, along with my lady.. :)

I want to know the current rules regarding coif's.  I know they are supposed to cover the head and neck, anything that the face mask does not. However, what is the current thickness requirements? Is it the same as the chest armor? Or can it be thinner/cooler?

Does the 5oz or 6oz linnen pass ?

Also, are the Over the helmet designs acceptable? Seems convienient to me .. :)

We will be wearing gorgets because of the heavy rapier rules..

Thanks in advance..

Ld. Albin Oil de Larrun