[Ansteorra-rapier] Coif Question

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 03:46:18 PDT 2009

At 11:30 PM 7/26/2009, you wrote:

>I am returning to the world of rapier, along with my lady.. :)
>
>I want to know the current rules regarding coif's.  I know they are
>supposed to cover the head and neck, anything that the face mask
>does not. However, what is the current thickness requirements? Is it
>the same as the chest armor? Or can it be thinner/cooler?

Yes, they must be penetration resistant, the same as the torso armor.

>Does the 5oz or 6oz linnen pass ?

Probably, but it'll depend on the linen. Your best bet is to have a
marshal do a drop-test on a sample *before* you invest a lot of time
and money making the armor.

>Also, are the Over the helmet designs acceptable? Seems convienient
>to me .. :)

Yes, as long as they provide the required coverage. You might want to
look at this design as well: http://moondragon.info/wiki/Pictures#Mask_drape

         -Tivar Moondragon