[Ansteorra-rapier] Classes at Candlemas

Andrew Heinrich andrew.heinrich at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 13:25:12 PST 2012

Oh, hey, thanks for reminding me, Tivar.

First, go to Tivar's classes if you can. Good insight into several
different things. When I was a wee little pup at my Warder's knee
Tivar came up to Ravenslake and taught, and it was very much worth my
time. Highly reccomended.

And now I'll plug the other classes. :)

I'll be teaching two classes, both of which are cut and thrust
oriented. The first class is a basic cut and thrust class. This will
cover equipment and other particulars in brief, and then will cover
some basic techniques and concepts, including basic attack and
defense, blow calibration, etc. I will also be teaching a class on
Spanish rapier play (Destreza). This class will focus on some of the
basic concepts of that school and it's application for Cut and Thrust,
and also for standard Rapier Combat in the SCA. Hope to see you at
either of them.

Pardon whilst I hop off of Tivar's post and go pick my wife up from
work. Hope to see folks at Candlemas.

- Mateo

--
it is good to know, it is better to do, it is best to be.