[Ansteorra-rapier] White Scarf Anniversary

Franchesca Bush franchesca at bush-family.com
Sun Mar 11 09:04:21 PDT 2012

I really don't know what the best option is.  I think the title Don is an
appropriate one however for a Peerage level.  Don is the equivalent of Sir
yet implies Don Quixote.   The top rapier fighters I have met in our fine
kingdom of Ansteorra are wonderfully Chivalric, have a penchant for
embellishment, love to love, and banter wittily on and off the field.

I really haven't been involved with the SCA nearly long enough to
understand the politics involved with this decision, nor do I hope to.  But
I believe that those White Scarves I know seem to be well respected within
the community.  I would feel, particularly those who are active, that it
would be a disappointment if they would suddenly lose any respect they have
richly garnered.  In any situation it would seem to be worthwhile to create
a grant and peer level awards.

Francisca Sastre de Arellano
(sometime rapier dabbler)

Franchesca Bush