[Ansteorra-rapier] Rapier Rules Update

Iago Cabrera de Cadiz baroniago at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 28 18:50:33 PDT 2012

Greetings Ansteorra,

I apologize to any getting this message more than once.

After much discussion and long deliberation, Their Majesties, the
Kingdom Seneschal, the Kingdom Earl Marshal, and I have signed the
following into law. It should be published the December Blackstar, and
I believe it was read into law this weekend.

http://marshal.ansteorra.org/handbook/RapierAddendum2012Oct.pdf

The long and short of it is that as of January 1, 2013, fencing class
blades, called "light rapier" in the SCA rules, will no longer be used
in competition for adults. This includes foils, epees, double-wide
epees, and musketeer epees.  (The new Darkwood WMA Rapier Foil is not
included in this action.) They may be used for training purposes as
well as for the youth program, which includes adults fighting against
youth. Variances for events like the Bryn Gwylad event a couple of
years ago can be granted with permission from the KRM, and you may
fight with them at an out of kingdom event if they are allowed.

Also, we have removed the minimum length of a draw cut from the
Ansteorran rules, leaving us with the society standard.

In addition, any authorized marshal may marshal a C&T fight so long as
an authorized C&T marshal is present.

Other than these three things, I don't think much has changed in how
we will be playing the game.

Iago
Rapier Marshal
Ansteorra