[Ansteorra-rapier] Rapier Rules Update

Puck Curtis puck.curtis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 21:19:18 PDT 2012

Hola,

I realize that this may be a controversial decision in some quarters, but I
think the explicit permission to train with lighter weapons is a great
touch and answers every concern I had.  If I were to end up in Ansteorra, I
would get anti-authoritarian within nanoseconds if someone yanked a foil
out of my student's hand during a lesson.  It's a nice compromise position.

Good luck with the program going forward,
~P.

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Iago Cabrera de Cadiz <
baroniago at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Greetings Ansteorra,
>
> I apologize to any getting this message more than once.
>
> After much discussion and long deliberation, Their Majesties, the Kingdom
> Seneschal, the Kingdom Earl Marshal, and I have signed the following into
> law. It should be published the December Blackstar, and I believe it was
> read into law this weekend.
>
> http://marshal.ansteorra.org/handbook/RapierAddendum2012Oct.pdf
>
> The long and short of it is that as of January 1, 2013, fencing class
> blades, called "light rapier" in the SCA rules, will no longer be used in
> competition for adults. This includes foils, epees, double-wide epees, and
> musketeer epees.  (The new Darkwood WMA Rapier Foil<http://www.darkwoodarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_12&products_id=375> is
> not included in this action.) They may be used for training purposes as
> well as for the youth program, which includes adults fighting against
> youth. Variances for events like the Bryn Gwylad event a couple of years
> ago can be granted with permission from the KRM, and you may fight with
> them at an out of kingdom event if they are allowed.
>
> Also, we have removed the minimum length of a draw cut from the Ansteorran
> rules, leaving us with the society standard.
>
> In addition, any authorized marshal may marshal a C&T fight so long as an
> authorized C&T marshal is present.
>
> Other than these three things, I don't think much has changed in how we
> will be playing the game.
>
> Iago
> Rapier Marshal
> Ansteorra

“Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so.”
Galileo Galilei

Spanish Swordplay
http://www.destreza.us/

Italian Swordplay