[Ansteorra-rapier] Proposed revision to rapier rules

Ceallach mac Donal ceallach at dwarfworks.com
Wed Oct 10 08:25:38 PDT 2012

The issue with keeping epees around for cost of entry's sake is that there
is then a need for more people to have epees for that other person's sake.
I know that most of our local fighters with < 5 years experience do not own
an epee at all.  The same issue occurs for having them as a medical option.

An additional issue is that fighting with an epee is a significantly
different type of fencing and if an individual fences with either rapier or
epee primarily that individual will be fairly ineffective with the other
style.  Back to our local fighters that do not own epees, they also have
not fought with an epee in years nor would they be comfortable doing so.

Ceallach mac Donal