[Ansteorra-rapier] One way to never face an épée or foil again

Katy Hendrick pancua at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 06:50:45 PDT 2012

I am looking that up currently. I thought I had those numbers but in a side
conversation with Pug, my reporting is looking to be incorrect so I am
starting from scratch and going over it again. I can present the
information as soon as I have it completed.

Thanks,
--Dena

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Duncan Hepburn <duncan at stormypetrel.org>wrote:

> Funny you should bring up this option Piet, as I was pondering a
> question in a similar vein this morning while reading these posts...
>
> A question for the marshallate and especially the marshallate
> secretary: How many people in the kingdom are authorized for rapier
> only (meaning not also authorized in heavy rapier or C&T)? If there
> are any folks who would have more of a valid issue with the retirement
> of these blades, it would be those *only* authorized in them.
>
> Pax,
>
> Duncan Hepburn
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Peter Wohlers <donpieter at aol.com> wrote:
> > If you do not wish to be in anyway obligated to fight an opponent with a
> > foil or épée again in this kingdom then please do the following. Send an
> > email to the Marshalate Secretary cc'ing the KRM with the following
> >
> > I (legal name) known in the SCA as (Sca name) do hereby renounce my
> Rapier
> > Combat Authorization (foil & épée) effective today (date). My other
> > authorizations shall remain intact and unchanged. I no longer see a use
> for
> > holding an authorization in a weapon that I do not use.
> >
> > I thank you for your time,
> > (Legal name)
> > (SCA Name and group)
> >

> > This will not remove you as a marshal for these weapons if you are a
> Rapier
> > Marshal as there is no separate authorization for that. So if you are a
> > marshal please find someone to train you on F/E if you do not know how. I
> > will be more that willing to assist you. I plan to be at BAM.
> >
> > Don Pieter
> >
> > Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
> > Sent from my iPhone

In humble service to The Barony of  Bryn Gwlad,

Lady Magdelena "Dena" Cortez
MKA Katy Hendrick
Cell: 512-585-4172