[Ansteorra-rapier] Pros and Cons of change

Andrew Heinrich andrew.heinrich at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 08:58:35 PDT 2012

Except, as pointed out above, it's an apples to oranges comparison. Cut and
thrust is new and growing. Epee and foil are old and basically dead. Cut
and Thrust is essentially the most accurate way to fight with a sword in
the SCA. Epee and foil are arguably the least (depending on how you feel
about the comparison between rattan and the horn tournament weapons used in
the middle ages).

- Mateo

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:

> At 10:48 AM 10/15/2012, you wrote:
>
>  So you are going to go from playing the "ethnic cleansing" card to the "I
>> can not respond to a reasoned well thought out comment so I will retort
>> with an absurd childish comment comparing two things that have nothing to
>> do with each other". Well played oh great god Tivar well played. Because we
>> all know that a weapon that has fallen out of use and a weapon system that
>> is up and coming in the society has so much to do with each other.
>>
>> Double sigh.
>> Pieter
>>

> It's called reduction ad absurdum, Piet.
>

>         -Tivar Moondragon

it is good to know, it is better to do, it is best to be.