[Ansteorra-rapier] A question about how we "Weight" fighters

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Sat Sep 29 01:08:41 PDT 2012

While it is interesting to work out methods and schemes for weighting
tournaments, remember the point is to make it more fun.

Consider this: when have you actually seen the weighting in a tournament
produce a winner who was a dark horse?  I'm not saying it never happens,
but then we also see the occasional dark horse win straight elimination
tournies.  For the most part tournies -- weighted or not -- will be won but
the same few top level fighters we usually see win. If you really want to
change your odds of winning you need to be improving your skills and
determination.  More hours in practice, seeking out teachers who have new
skills to teach you or who can help you perfect your old skills, getting
your body in better shape.

Christian  Doré