[Ansteorra-textiles] some good news and some bad news

Victoria Owens vmowens at airmail.net
Wed Aug 7 09:33:03 PDT 2002

Hi

Yes it is me the blue bird of happiness again.

I wasn't allowed to tell y'all this till we put out the press release but
now I can - Monday morning the dogs came back and killed every single
chicken (14) and our rooster.  The Director of Education and I got to clean
up that mess, our new battle cry is "Other Duties as Assigned!"

Now for the better news -
The city has now rounded up 12 local strays, none of which resemble the
murderers, but they are being more diligent.

We've got $250 in the rebuild the flock fund and I was just told about a
grant that Texas Parks and Wildlife has that may be aplicable for rebuilding
our heritage breed program.

We are getting a donated donkey!  A local breeder who breeds paints said we
can have one of his 'normal' colored jennys.  We won't be getting her and
the other animals till the beginning of October, we have to wait for the new
fiscal year and make improvements to our fences.

And on another positive note I am transfering into a larger apartment, a one
bedroom with weaving room, okay it is technically a den....

Well that is all the news for now.

Kestral