[Ansteorra-textiles] Fwd: CVM Cross Fleeces

Robert and Beth Ellis killian at viptx.net
Tue Dec 10 12:19:21 PST 2002

> that's true but I normally just search around for a fleece that is a tad
> coarser.  Scottish black face, Churro or Icelandic (because of it's double
> coat.)  A lot of time I find more second cuts in the britch area because
> shearers aren't always so careful there. (why -I don't know - grin).

Oooh, Icelandic.... (me, imitating Homer Simpson).  I've been wanting to get some
of that, and now that I am equipped with combs it could really be fun. Everything
I've read says that combs divide the thel and tog (under and outer coat, but I
can't remember which is which) of icelandic really well. The outer coat gets used
for warp, and the inner for weft. But I'll bet you know that already!  Can you tell
I'm an interpreter/educator? I tend to try and explain everything, and my husband
tells me it gets really annoying at times....  A friend of mine came up with a good
analogy - asking an interpreter a question is like taking a drink out of a fire
hydrant (laugh!).

Hey Clare, how does Churro compare to Karakul?  Is it as coarse? More? Less?  I
hear varying reports, but have never handled it myself.

Corrinne