[Ansteorra-textiles] some ideas

sscott at datuma.com sscott at datuma.com
Fri Jul 26 08:53:51 PDT 2002

> A series of booklets about different types of textiles.   You know - period
> knitting - some basic research, pictures of it within period, bibliography,
> and maybe some projects -  a knitted reliquary bag, a Monmouth hat.  Or a
> booklet on the silk industry in Lyon.  Or Inkle/card weaving patterns...
> The booklets could be done very inexpensively and any profits could be
> used for the Kingdom A&S office or for prizes for areas of textiles (you
> know Gulf War or some thing.)

This could be very useful, but would require a lot of coordination.

> A Symposium on the textile arts and a history of textiles.  Could be a
> separate event or a set of classes at King's College.

Absolutely.  Count me in.  I particularly like the idea of a separate
event.

> A traveling display that emphasizes the textile arts that could be set up
> at events.

This sounds like it would be rather a hassle to transport.

> I have been thinking that we could set up meeting much like the one at
> Steppes and do some small workshops.  Nothing major and nothing
> planned.  More like - hey I'm gonna be att his event and I can bring my
> pots and we can natural dye outdoors....

Unfortunately, events these days have so many planned activities
that it's hard to squeeze in things like this, but I'd be willing to try.

> Clare

Gwenneth