[Ansteorra-textiles] some ideas

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 26 09:42:39 PDT 2002

>This could be very useful, but would require a lot of coordination.

         I was already working with Edwin about some for his museum so I
think I would be willling to co-ordinate.  One of my co-workers is a
graphics artist and does layout and design so could help with that.  I have
friends as well and I have figured out a cheap method of printing that
could be used.  I think that's why I was thinking of it.
         Darcy - your inkle loom info would be a great place to start.

         Gwenneth - would you be willing to contribute some articles and such?

> > A Symposium on the textile arts and a history of textiles.  Could be a
> > separate event or a set of classes at King's College.
>
>Absolutely.  Count me in.  I particularly like the idea of a separate
>event.

         Cool, that's three of us then.

> > A traveling display that emphasizes the textile arts that could be set up
> > at events.  >>>>>This sounds like it would be rather a hassle to transport.
         Currently I tossed the idea out to see if it sounded of interest
and if so a feasible and good way of doing it.  Or maybe we could develop
some (several) for different groups.....

>Unfortunately, events these days have so many planned activities
>that it's hard to squeeze in things like this, but I'd be willing to try.
         I figure if there's interest we'll start small and work up. (grin).

Clare