[Ansteorra-textiles] horrible news

Victoria Owens vmowens at airmail.net
Wed Jul 31 12:22:19 PDT 2002

Hi

The wild dogs that killed the kittens under our porch here at the museum on
Monday came back last night.  This time they went after my (the museum's)
sheep.  They harried my little Gretel to death.  Our big Suffolk wether,
Meriwether had to be put to sleep, he had no feeling or motion in his back
legs.  They ruined one of Minerva's front legs and she had to be put to
sleep too.

Mary is real scratched up around the neck and has a few punctures on her leg
but it looks like she will make it. My little boy Hansel put up quite a
fight.  He has some bad punctures on his hips and they ripped one of his
hoof pads.  I have to go finish cleaning him up but he should make it as
well.

OCP is still officially a city park yet they are not being terribly helpful.
Even though we know there were 3 large dogs the city has only put out 1 live
trap.  We know there were 3 dogs because the guard saw them, one up very
close because it tried to attack him.  The sheep and goats are going in the
stable for the night.  Considering the amount of the porch they dug up to
get to the kittens we are concerned that they will go after the chicken yard
tonight.  We are trying to get it all secured for the night.

I'll let y'all know how Hansel and Mary do.

Kestral/Victoria

Victoria Owens
Collections Mngr/Web Admin
Old City Park:  The Historical Village of Dallas
Visit Dallas' Premier Living History Museum
http://www.oldcitypark.org