[Ansteorra-textiles] horrible news

Saar-rah Al-Sabbirah alsabbirah at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 31 14:08:21 PDT 2002

I am very sorry to hear about your losses. I hope the rest of the livestock
and pets are OK.  Can you get anyone to wait up with rifles and shoot the
dogs next time they return (is that permitted here in Texas)?  In Oregon any
"at large" dogs that harass livestock are toast, pets or not.  These dogs
sound feral and likely pose a danger to any people or pets in the area.

>From: "Victoria Owens" <vmowens at airmail.net>
>To: <ansteorra-textiles at ansteorra.org>, "judy" <judy.kolkman at orst.edu>,
><AOwens at hrsa.gov>, <clo5 at cornell.edu>
>Subject: [Ansteorra-textiles] horrible news
>Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:22:19 -0500
>
>Hi
>
>The wild dogs that killed the kittens under our porch here at the museum on
>Monday came back last night.  This time they went after my (the museum's)
>sheep.  They harried my little Gretel to death.  Our big Suffolk wether,
>Meriwether had to be put to sleep, he had no feeling or motion in his back
>legs.  They ruined one of Minerva's front legs and she had to be put to
>sleep too.
>
>Mary is real scratched up around the neck and has a few punctures on her
>leg
>but it looks like she will make it. My little boy Hansel put up quite a
>fight.  He has some bad punctures on his hips and they ripped one of his
>hoof pads.  I have to go finish cleaning him up but he should make it as
>well.
>
>OCP is still officially a city park yet they are not being terribly
>helpful.
>Even though we know there were 3 large dogs the city has only put out 1
>live
>trap.  We know there were 3 dogs because the guard saw them, one up very
>close because it tried to attack him.  The sheep and goats are going in the
>stable for the night.  Considering the amount of the porch they dug up to
>get to the kittens we are concerned that they will go after the chicken
>yard
>tonight.  We are trying to get it all secured for the night.
>
>I'll let y'all know how Hansel and Mary do.
>
>Kestral/Victoria
>

>Victoria Owens
>Collections Mngr/Web Admin
>Old City Park:  The Historical Village of Dallas
>Visit Dallas' Premier Living History Museum
>http://www.oldcitypark.org

-Saiida Saar-rah Al-Sabbirah Khadraa' al-'ayn ad-Daar al-Libnee, called
Shu'la