[Ansteorra-textiles] spinning wheels

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 17 07:20:56 PDT 2002

>The only complaint I have with the Ashford is that its joints periodicaly
>become loose. The Wheel
>actually came apart some years ago. I had a carpenter put it back together
>for me. However, I
>don't know how old the wheel was when I purchased it. (An awesome garage
>sale find that a friend
>of mine found for me.)

         Hmmm, that's about what happened to my traditional which is why
it's in pieces.  I had to take it apart more in order to fix the hub.  I
think it may be the glue they use just disintegrates with age.  I wrote to
Ashford and they have yet to reply but Straw into Gold (or what remains of
them) wrote me back about another problem very quickly.

Clare
Bryn Gwlad