[Ansteorra-textiles] what type of woven fabrics were period?

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 14:24:21 PDT 2002

I've seen checks, plaids, and even herringbone type weaves...
tabbies and various twills...

There are many kinds of blues, greens, oranges, yellows, reds
and purples dependant upon the time and place you are trying to
emulate...

do you just kindof want to be in the ballpark...or do you want
an absolutely period item? and if you want an absolutely period
item...what area and time are you looking at? it would make a
difference on what dyes were available...and what weaves were
used.

Lorraine