[Ansteorra-textiles] textile judging

Robert and Beth Ellis killian at viptx.net
Thu Jun 20 11:24:18 PDT 2002

>          Was that your bog dress?

Yes, it was.  It was a peplos, shawl, and belt.  Lots of fun to do.

> I saw one exhibit where a woman was working on period textile samples --
> she would research the various weaves and finishing techniques and then do
> a small sample of each.

I wish I had seen that - I LOVE those sorts of entries.  Even though they are not
a specific piece of art work per se, the information gained from doing an entry
like that can be just phenomenal.  At this point, "process entries" like that are
my personal favorites.

> Gwenneth I remember had a great collection of
> natural dye colors she did a display and labeled each.

Yes, she did that one with Gwynno.  It made all the natural dye people who saw it
very happy <g!>.  Is Gwyneth on this list?  I talked to her awhile back about
digging that back out and reshowing it, but she wasn't sure how well the samples
had survived.  I hope she'll check it, and bring it back out if it's still in good
condition.

> I also remember Rhiannon's weaving from a long while ago - very nice piece
> as well......

That one I don't remember - what was it?

Corrinne