[Ansteorra-textiles] Introduction

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Thu May 16 09:47:45 PDT 2002

  Since I started this I guess I should tell a bit about myself.

I have been in the SCA for about 25 years and while never having moved have
been part of Atenveldt and Ansteorra.  Considering the amount of time that
I've spent in the community I've done a little bit of everything.

My main interest is satisfying my curiosity about things.  I am also
interested in hand work, textile and otherwise, wood working and various
other linked skills.  I have a healthy interest in wild plants and herbs,
and things Mongolian.

Mundanely I work for the Biological sciences department of the University
of Texas helping set up and develop curriculum, in my part time, I'm trying
to get a fine arts degree in studio art.  So I know a little bit about
art......

Textiles - hmmm,   spinning which I used to do a lot and now I'm trying to
get better.  I have recently begun overhauling and learning how to
repair/build wheels.  I have a tapestry loom and am attempting to teach
myself tapestry weaving.  I have bits of things.... bobbin lace bobbins and
pillows, inkle looms, crochet hooks, knitting needles.

And I love research.....

Clare
Bryn Gwlad