[Ansteorra-textiles] Introduction

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri May 17 07:13:26 PDT 2002

At 09:48 AM 5/17/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>Greetings to the list.  I'm Kat MacLochlainn.  As far as fiber arts goes, I=
>  do inkle weaving and embroidery.  I'm here to learn more about the fiber a=
>rts in general, as quite a few folks in my barony have shown an interest in=
>  them.  I plan to let them know about this list, too, so they can come join=
>  in.
>
>As a side note, I've found the discussion on sheep breeds interesting.  I h=
>ave a degree in Animal Science from OK. State Univ. (the one with the site =
>on livestock breeds), and my time there included two semesters specifically=
>  on sheep production. Not that this gives me a whole lot of information on =
>medieval breeds...but I learned quite a bit about wool grading :)

That's cool!  I think for spinners that would be something useful to learn
about.  And the Oklahoma site is totally awesome about sheep breeds.  I
know next time I see you I have questions about wool grading....

I have been asked, by the way, if embroiderers can be on this list.  My
thought is that sure, because if we get a lot of conversation on one
particular topic or we get one type of interest built off - we can always
splinter off and start another list.  So we also are currently putting
embroiderers on the list.

Fiber arts are very social.

Clare