[Ansteorra-textiles] Re: roll call

Lady Catalina Ana de Salamanca catalina at ravenkeep.org
Wed Nov 27 10:25:16 PST 2002

For the roll
Catalina Ana de Salamanca
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra
  I do drop and lap spinning (can't afford a wheel), dying, weaving,
knitting, crochet, basic blackwork, and general hand sewing. Currently I
am spinning up a a batch of wool with the grease still in and am
planning on trying to weave a small batch of it for needle books. The
next big adventure is trying to grow flax and go from plant to linen.
This might get messy:)
I'd like to eventually go from sheep to shirt if you know what I mean.
I'm interested in tapestry weaving and am reading a neat book right now
entitled "Tapestry, Mirror of History" by F.P. Thomson from my local
library. Lots of good info and some pretty nice (mostly) color pictures.
Ok, so all I want to know is how to do everything:)

Catalina