[Ansteorra-textiles] a couple of questions.

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 22 07:01:18 PST 2002

> Seriously - what kind of fiber did you buy?

Just a plain merino, but I liked the handpaint.  I do need to spin up a
bunch of the stuff I have.  One of the "someday" items has been to spin yarn
to go with some that a friend gave to me, and make him a sweater.  He lives
in Washington State, it will be useful!  The yarn he made is on the thick
side, not something I'm inclined to wear down here.

> I'm getting ready to go through my stock and see what I have.  I have way
> too much fiber at home..... (deals- they said - only deals).

Insulation.  Winter is coming!

> I don't have a Romney fleece.... I have Rufus or Lars or
> Sean the Sheep.  Morrocco is one of my favorites.

LOL!!!

> At any rate....... would people be interested in small units of fiber for
> inexspensive prices?
> Anything to allow me more fleece(grin).  I'm into collecting period sheep
> breed fiber.

Could be.  Of course, I have a box of ounce and two-ounce selections......

While we are on questions, who is planning to finish what by which holidays?
My to-do list includes:

1)    Purple alpaca socks for friend who was made a laurel (Chanukah)
2)    Maroon hood-scarf for mother.
3)    Cardi for DSIL of really chunky yarn.
4)    Polarspun pullovers for DNieces (luckily they are small)
5)    Burgundy mohair mobius for friend's mother (early December)
6)    Blue blanket for friends (pretty well along)

Cannot work on #2, #3, or #4 for the next week or so, while the family is in
for the holiday.  #1 and #5 are portable; #6 has almost gotten beyond that
stage (it's a single piece, in a just-past-period texture pattern).  #1 is
almost done with the first sock, I have wrestled with it a bit as I am
adapting the patterns from "Viking Knitting" (did the socks once, not
interested in an exact repeat) and the second SHOULD go faster.

No idea what to do for #2, but I have the yarn.  #3 is waiting for a few
additional hanks to arrive, one of #4 is pretty well on its way.

I gave up trying for the family gifts at Thanksgiving, mostly.  They'd just
have to carry them home, after all - much nicer of me to send them later!
<G>

I'm not deliberately avoiding the guys!  I have a stitched picture that I
got framed, for my father, and my baby brother is getting the food sealer
system he needs since his is suffering badly from old age.  Other brother is
getting books, so he won't borrow my copies.

                                    ---= Morgan

"There is no problem so serious that it cannot be set
  right by a sensible woman in an afternoon."
                              (From "The Madwoman of Chaillot")
"We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces, saying
 'Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.' "
                ---= Willie Nelson and Toby Keith