[Ansteorra-textiles] Period Satin Links

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 20:16:03 PST 2002

Paper and Silk were stollen from the orient around 600 by a sultan...History of Paper
"Silk fabric with a smooth, glossy surface and mat back. First woven in the Orient and then in India, satin has been made in France since the fourteenth." page 46, The Art of the Weaver, edited by Anita Schorsch.ISBN 0-87663-982-1
hope this helps.
 Dyan Ford <dyanford at txucom.net> wrote:Greetings Gentle Friends,

I have tangled myself into a sizable knot of confusion and time is
now a critical factor. Please, can & will someone offer some
pertinent links I might follow...

The question is: A.) When did 'Satin' enter the fabric world and
specifically, when did it enter the area of the Silk/Silver Trade
Routes? And, B.) What period fabric would our 'peau di soie' most
closely resemble?

I appreciate any help in this matter and profusely thank you in advance,

In service to the Dream,

Shanahan the Fey, called Stormbearer