[Ansteorra-textiles] Period Satin Links

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 28 13:00:18 PST 2002

Still finding you sources. I have not found when satin was first invented, but this give it a date of being traded.
http://www.imperialtours.net/muslim_quarter.htm
Your apprentice,
mahee
 Dyan Ford <dyanford at txucom.net> wrote:Greetings Gentle Friends,

I have tangled myself into a sizable knot of confusion and time is
now a critical factor. Please, can & will someone offer some
pertinent links I might follow...

The question is: A.) When did 'Satin' enter the fabric world and
specifically, when did it enter the area of the Silk/Silver Trade
Routes? And, B.) What period fabric would our 'peau di soie' most
closely resemble?

I appreciate any help in this matter and profusely thank you in advance,

In service to the Dream,

Shanahan the Fey, called Stormbearer