[Ansteorra-textiles] Roll Call and Lurkers

Victoria Owens vmowens at airmail.net
Sat Nov 30 22:07:34 PST 2002

Hi

Roll calls are segues for new conversations.

Me - Meghan 'Kestral' MacLachlan,  inactive in the SCA though still rabidly devoted
to teaching and sharing my knowledge of the fiber arts.  I live in the Steppes amd
work at a Living History museum where we have a flock of Rambouillets.  Specialties
- dyeing, spinning, knitting, weaving, and anything to do with sheep (shearing,
hoof trimming, medical care etc......).

Current projects - spinning the weft for my brother's wedding coverlet, knitting
Xmas gifts and sheep obstetrics since 2 of our ewes are due in December!

Goals - to shear a sheep at an event.  I have images of mediaeval women shearing
sheep now I just need someone to bring a sheep to an event for me to shear.  We
cannot take our sheep off site.

Kestral

P.S. check out my 'grand lamb' Ethel at http:///www.oldcitypark.org/sheep.htm