[Ansteorra-textiles] Fall Arts Symposium, October 25, Loch Ruadh - Intermediate Sprang class

Carolle Ternus cternus at texas.net
Fri Aug 8 23:36:00 PDT 2003

The calendar for the weekend of October 24-26 is pretty busy, but for those
with an interest in sprang, I wanted to let you know that I'll be giving an
intermediate class in sprang at that event.

Class Title: Intermediate Sprang

Description of Class:
The class will assume basic knowledge of sprang, an ancient and medieval
technique for making stretchy fabric by manipulating warp threads, i.e. how
to warp a sample frame and Z-twist interlinking.  Class will cover methods
of finishing and 'interlinking one thread with one thread' methods: multiple
twist interlinking, warps with varying color sequences, S-twist interlinking

Teacher:  HL Radegund of Tours

Length of Class: 1-2 hours, depending upon schedule

Supplies that Student's Should Bring:
A basic working knowledge of beginning sprang.  Several yards of several
colors medium weight cotton yarn.  2 packs of stretcher bars (2 in each
pack), put together to form a rectangle, width at least 8 inches, length
12-14 inches.

Fees: none

Class size limit: 6

If anyone has questions, please feel free to contact me at cternus at texas.net